I am an editor, writer, small press owner, scientist, logistics specialist, longtime member of transformative fandom communities, connoisseur of queer film, puzzle aficionado, beer league hockey player, systematically adventurous home cook, and architect of weird experimental cocktails. I’m currently focusing on releasing Xenocultivars: Stories of Queer Growth (pre-order here) and promoting It Gets Even Better: Stories of Queer Possibility (available here), but I’m open to other opportunities for editing and maybe project management, if the project is nifty.
I solemnly swear that I will never, ever, as long as we both shall live, inflict upon you a newsletter.
Some Things I’ve Done
- Edited (with Isabela Oliveira) the speculative fiction anthologies It Gets Even Better: Stories of Queer Possibility and Xenocultivars: Stories of Queer Growth through our small press, Speculatively Queer
- Published a story about supersuits in Daily Science Fiction
- Crowdfunded and produced Calendar Geeks, a 2009 pin-up calendar that was featured on Neil Gaiman’s blog
- Copyedited the Maze of Games puzzle book
- Adapted a standard dementia intervention program to meet the specific needs of LGBTQ+ older adults for the University of Washington
- Designed and managed an MRI research study on cannabis use that was denounced as “offensive” by Fox News
- Managed logistics and staff for Penny Arcade Expo booths including Microsoft/Atari, Disney/Harmonix, Gamespot, and Cards Against Humanity
- Worked as a production assistant on Jonathan Coulton’s concert DVD, Best. Concert. Ever.
- Served in a leadership role on the construction teams that created and ran the weekend-long MIT Mystery Hunt puzzle event in 2008 and 2010 (and in the process convinced Garry Trudeau to write a secret message into a daily Doonesbury comic strip)
- Co-organized the 2018 Pacific Writers’ Convention, affectionately known as Bitchin’ Party
- Received an award for excellence in journalism as editor-in-chief of my college newspaper
- Contributed to the Delicious-Pinboard fandom migration by identifying common feature requests and creating a large-scale survey to articulate the community’s priorities
- Named and drafted the logo concept for my beer league hockey team, Collateral Damage
- Wrote and catered a fratboy-themed murder mystery dinner party featuring gourmet hangover food
- Taught one of the best jugglers in the world how to do a trick he didn’t know
- Posted the tweet that led to Gina Rodriguez appearing as a love interest for Stephanie Beatriz on Brooklyn Nine-Nine